Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 19, 2014

When will my life begin? | Woes of a newly graduate

      You would think after 2 years in preschool, 6 years in grade school, 4 years in high school and another 4 years or more in college, your life will dramatically change. Nope, not really. As a nursing graduate, I still have a long way to go before my "LIFE" really begin. I still need to take and pass the board exam, take specific trainings to practice as a nurse. And that is if you can find a nursing job here in the Philippines.

Have you ever been told that after graduating you "can do whatever you want"? Go wherever you want or experience whatever you want? Well that's not true. How can you do whatever you want if you are not earning money?

I dream of travelling the world and experiencing new things. That is all I ever wanted. Well, also to pass the board exam. :) Right now my current situation is waiting for the results and waiting for our visa to Canada. I have to admit I'm excited to go because I got to be with my mom. And also because I want to see what Canada has in store for me.

   Don't get me wrong, I love my country. I love the Philippines. But I just don't see myself living here the rest of my life. I want to see the world and what it can offer me. Sometimes I panic when I think about the time passing by and I still haven't achieved anything or do the things that I really want.
   I know 21 years old is still very young but the years just go by so quickly.

   I feel so exalted and worried at the same time. Do you get that feeling? Like your whole future is in front of you and you still don't know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment